Diane's fifth release was recorded by the Sinatra Society of Japan's SSJ Records, who hosted the singer/guitarist for a two-week tour. Taped at JZ Brat Jazz Club in the Shibuya district of Tokyo, with a trio of seasoned Tokyo-based musicians, it successfully captured the excitement, energy, and raw emotion as only a live session can!
1. I Like It Here- Alec Wilder, William Engvick
2. Agua de Beber- Antonio Carlos Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes
3. Angel Eyes- Matt Dennis, Earl K. Brent
4. Faces-Ron Anthony, Arthur Hamilton
5. Get Out of Town- Cole Porter
6. It's Always 4 AM- Ron Anthony, Sammy Cahn
7. Some of My Best Friends Are The Blues - Al Byron, Woody Harris
8. You Go To My Head- J. Fred Coots, Haven Gillespie
9. Dindi- Antonio Carlos Jobim, Ray Gilbert
10. Moonlight In Vermont- Karl Suessdorf, John Blackburn
11. All My Tomorrows- Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn
12. One Note Samba- Antonio Carlos Jobim
Note: Japanese Version includes bonus track: Give Me the Simple Life- Rube Bloom, Harry Ruby
"There are hundreds of women jazz singers. But
Diane Hubka has emerged as one of the cream of the crop." TOM BINGHAM, "GENERAL ECLECTIC" WCVF-FM; SUNY Fredonia
Liner Notes by Yasuo Sangu, Toshio Kobari and Hajime Sato
"I Like It Here / Live In Tokyo captures the excitement I felt while on tour in Japan in Dec. 2007! I want to thank the Sinatra Society of Japan for inviting me. It was a very special experience, primarily due to their kindness and generosity- everyone I met in Japan was warm and gracious and supportive.
And the musicians were so fantastic - so accomplished on their instruments, so gifted in the language of jazz! Favorite moments: singing Karaoke - but all Sinatra songs!...eating...seeing beautiful Tokyo and Yokohama...eating...riding the train through the mountains to Kofu...eating ...seeing photos in all the jazz clubs of great American jazz artists, (especially my hero Helen Merril)...eating...and hearing I would be invited back again soon!